Thursday, March 20, 2008

Springtime supper


Spring is such a tease. I walk out the door - the sun is fabulous - pear trees are blooming - and birds are singing. It makes me want too cook fresh vegetables - slice soem domatoes, cook soe peas. But let's be real. It is not even April - to get anything close to fresh, I would need to take out a loan at the bank.
So then I am an idiot and ask for suggestions. Everyone wants fried chicken and mashed potatoes. Since the sun has put me in a nice yellow mood, I decided it was a perfect day for it.

Right now, the potatoes are boiling and the chicken is soaking in buttermilk and spices. As soon as the baby boy gets off the bus, we will head out to the back porch and start heating the cast iron skillet. When I get done, I will add some pictures.



No comments: