Thursday, April 3, 2008

Gourmet Sliders

Everyone was off for spring break this week, and the whole crew thought we should try making sliders. I mixed ground chuck and my seasonings and heated my skillet to med. At first I had a hard time making the right sized patty. THEN I figured out that if I rolled them in the size of a medium meatball and used my large spatula to press them down as much as I could when I first put them in the pan, they turned out perfectly. I don't remember exactly how much ground chuck I had - I think between 2 & 3 lbs., but I ended up with about 40 sliders.
I used small white rolls and King's Hawaiian Rolls to make the sandwiches. For some of the burgers, I did classic toppings - cheese, pickles, mayo, mustard, ketchup and tiny chopped onions, I also cooked mushroom and onions, used mayo and a little hearty mustard and then topped it with them mushroom/onions and crumbled blue cheese, also did some with horseradish sauce instead of mayo, pepper jack cheese, a slice of bacon, and sliced grape tomatoes. These were all great.

Sliders:
1 lb. ground chuck
1 tsp. garlic
1 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. worchestire
2 tsp. seasoned salt

Roll into 1 inch meatballs. Use a spatula to press each one down in skillet over medium heat until cooked through.

For mushrooms and onion topping, slice about 2 onions and 1 cup of mushrooms. After burgers are done, wipe out skillet, add veggies and 1 tbsp of soy sauce. Cook on medium heat until tender.

I served them with potato skins - the whole crew loved making their own variations.

No comments: