Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A nice twist on a roasted corn salad

Sunday was a birthday party day andaround here, that means everyone shows up and brings a dish. After running around finishing the cake, I decided I needed to bring one more thing, so I made a roasted corn salad. I have had 2 people call for the recipe, so I decided I bettter post before I forget it!

Ingredients:
2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
2-3 red bell peppers, sliced
1/3-1/2 cup green onions, sliced (I use the white and green parts)
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 tbsp tuscan italian (I use Newman's Own) salad dressing
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Heat a nonstick skillet to medim high. Place kernels in pan stirring occasionally until kernels begin to roast (they may even pop a little). When kernels have a nice "sprinkling" of brown color, remove from heat. Let cool slightly.

Place kernels in bowl and add remaining ingredients. Let marinate for about 30 minutes before serving. REALLY SIMPLE, but REALLY GOOD!!

No comments: